Brunette bombshell Bethenny Frankel loves to dish about diets on her new talk show. She invited "The Biggest Loser" celebrity trainer Bob Harper to join her on October 23 to provide his weight loss wisdom for her exceptionally enthusiastic audience.
Bob has become famed for his strong beliefs about what really works for slim-down success, which he's detailed in several best-selling books: "Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss" and "The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin" (click for details).
However, Bethenny held her own in their spirited diet debate. She's even authored her own diet book: "Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting" (click for details).
Here are Bob's key tips for helping you take off the pounds, with Bethenny's arguments:
- Eat a big breakfast within an hour of waking up. Ms. Skinny Girl disagrees: She thinks a lighter breakfast, such as handful of nuts is all right.
- Don't drink juice. Instead, eat an orange. Bethenny likes orange juice for hydration.
- Go to bed hungry. If you must eat, eat protein. Bethenny got heated about this. She feels that a "cute little Oreo" is the ideal before-bed snack. In addition, she contends that going to bed hungry can cause you to lose sleep, resulting in weight gain.
- Beware of those coffee drinks. Some have 500 to 600 calories. Combine with a muffin as large as your head, and you're consuming more calories than you can burn at the gym in two days. Bethenny likes small coffee drinks.
- Don't dip into the candy jar at the office. Bethenny disagrees and likes to have jars of treats available.
What do you think? Are you on Team Bob? Or Team Bethenny?