We all know that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. Studies show that those who eat breakfast are more alert, quicker learners and have faster metabolisms than those who do not. More importantly, eating a healthy, vitamin-rich breakfast will benefit your body and mind all throughout the day.
The problem with most traditional breakfast meals is that, more often than not, they're not very vegan-friendly. To turn that proverbial frown upside down, vegans-don't fear-here's a short list of healthful, vitamin-packed, and animal-friendly breakfast bites to get you through your workday.
- Try a traditional Irish breakfast of baked beans (vegan of course!) and toast.
- Oatmeal with bananas, berries, and walnuts.
- Bagel with peanut butter.
- Tofu Scramble. Add spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms for that extra healthful kick.
- Green Smoothie. try this recipe here
- Soy, Almond Milk, or Coconut Milk based yogurt with fruit and nuts.