San Francisco CityPASS is a ticket booklet that gives you unlimited cable card rides plus admission to four must-see attractions at 47% off the combined admission price. This is a savings of $74.90 per adult and $41.90 for ages 5-11. And you can skip most ticket lines with the booklet.
In San Francisco, the CityPASS ticket booklet may be used at:
• California Academy of Sciences
• Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise
• Aquarium of the Bay (or the Monterey Bay Aquarium)
• Exploratorium (or De Young Museum)
The California Academy of Sciences is the only aquarium-planetarium-rainforest-living museum where you can climb into the canopy of a four-story rainforest.
At the Aquarium of the Bay you’ll see eye-to-eye with sharks, be mesmerized by jellies, and explore giant tunnels surrounded by 20,000 marine animals.
At the Exploratorium along San Francisco’s waterfront, there’s a unique interactive museum dedicated to the excitement of experimentation and the power of play.
The de Young Museum showcases international art from all continents.
The CityPASS booklets are valid for nine consecutive days in San Francisco. Other CityPASS booklets are available for nine other U.S. cities as well as Disneyland and Universal Studios, Hollywood and SeaWorld in San Diego.
Tips for using the passes:
• Avoid the long line at the Cable Car Turn-Around by boarding at least four stops above the turnaround.
• At the California Academy of Sciences weekdays are less crowded than weekends.
• Morning and late afternoon bay cruises are least crowded.
• Mornings at the Aquarium are least crowded.
• At the Exploratorium lines tend to be shorter on weekday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.
• Friday nights at the de Young Museum offers live music, hands-on art, yours, artist demonstrations.
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Other CityPASS booklets are available for Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Tampa Bay.