Who doesn't love a good bargain? But when it comes to your health and the health of your family, you only want to bargain so low – that's why it's best to skip on processed foods, they are so expensive!
Good thing we have a local farm with fresh produce that is grown in a SUSTAINABLE way. According to the owner at Bedner’s Farm on 441 in Boynton Beach, they have not used pesticides or herbicides for 4 generations!! How wonderful is that :). He said to get certified organic, they would have to shut down operations and the cost of their produce would be much higher. He chose to stick with being a SUSTAINABLE farm and not organic.
Check out what you can get for $35!! Healthy, delicious, SUSTAINABLE and local produce!! This is what you can get:
· 3 Baby bok choy, 3 large carrots for juicing,
· 2 macintosh apples, 5 organic gala apples ,
· 2 barlett pears, 2 bunches of beets,
· 2# bag onions, 1 bunch kale, watercress, cilantro,
· 4 lemons, 3 limes, 4 red bell peppers, 4 Georgia peaches,
· 2 bunches asparagus, 2 haas avocados, dried dates.
This much produce from the grocery store would have cost twice as much or more.
Bedner’s Farm located on 441 in Boynton Beach
10066 Lee Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33473
Tips for Eating Well + Saving Money
· Shop at your local farmers market
· Buy fresh produce that’s in season - it tastes better and will be on sale!
· Create a fresh salad with your favorite market produce
· Skip the processed/packaged foods and make your own snacks with nuts, seeds, berries, yogurt. Homemade granola bars or pumpkin bars: http://www.totalhealthcounseling.com/2012/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-squares/
· Cook up a whole chicken, use leftovers to make chicken salad, make homemade chicken soup with leftover chicken bones (much cheaper than broth at the store, freeze leftovers)
· Make large batches of soup or chili, freeze leftovers or bring for week day lunches
· Enjoy! Full and happy bellies for all :).
If you wanna learn the exact way to plan out healthy meals to save money. Schedule a Jump-Start session with Pam Higgins. You’ll get her new Yummy Good Eats Cookbook “30 days of inspiring recipes, transform your health in 30 simple days”, personalized notes, handouts, and a clear plan on how to jump-start your health with yummy good eats!
Contact Pam Higgins today: email@example.com