Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship runs from Wednesday through Saturday at the Sprint Center in the Power and Light Entertainment District. Kansas University under the direction of Coach Bill Self begins the tournament as the number one seed.
The Snake Saturday Parade and Festival will be held in North Kansas City. The theme for the parade will be “Irish Roots and Cowboy Boots”.
The Heartland Men’s Chorus and Dean’s Gallery present Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals 1933-1945 at the gallery located at the Miller Nichols Library at UMKC. The exhibit is in conjunction with the Heartland’s “Falling in Love Again”. The exhibit is on loan from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. and will be open to the public through April 10. “Falling in Love Again” will be performed on Mar. 23 and 24 at the Folly Theater.
Live theatre March 15 to March 17:
- American Heartland Theatre: Crown Center, “Life Could Be A Dream”, closes April 21.
- Coterie Theatre Pop Culture Series: Crown Center, “Slashdance!”, closes March 24.
- KC Repertory Theatre: Spencer Theatre, “Carousel”, closes March 31.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “For Colored Girls That Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf”, closes Mar. 16.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Sh-Boom Sh-Boom, The Doo-Wop Songs of the 1950’s”, closes Mar. 24.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Good People”, closes March 24.
Music Friday March 15:
- Aftershock Bar & Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Red Lamb featuring Dan Spitz of Anthrax.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, Hit Makers Music presents: Run With It (E. P. Release Show) with Doing what apes can’t.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Fists of Rage, For The Broken, Madd Libby.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Flannigan’s Right Hook.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Homeguard Festival.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Electric City presents: Marcus Foster, Ruston Kelly, Clint Michaellson.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, Alyssa Murray Coming of Age Show at 8 p.m. Clover Noir at 10:30 p.m.
Music Saturday March 16:
- Aftershock Bar and Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Restraint, Death and Desire.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, E/C Presents: Raqs Boheme Bellydancers.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Gentleman Savage, The Lower 48, The Summit, Branded Fate.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Outtakes.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport, Half Way to Winfield Stage 7 Reunion.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Electric City presents: Dirt Nasty DJ Killer Jam with Bacon Shoe, Hoodnasty, Westend Girl.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, The Art of Tease with the Vibe Tribe KC.