Prepare to be blinded by science, Boston.
The host of the Fox smash-hit Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, will be performing at The Wilbur Theatre on Thursday, January 15. As a special promotion, fans have the exclusive opportunity from now until Friday to bid to win two premium seats with the chance to meet Dr. Tyson in person.
A testament to New York’s public school system, Dr. Tyson got his start at the Bronx High School of Science, and eventually went on to earn a degree in physics from Harvard and his PhD in astrophysics from Columbia. In 2014, Tyson single-handedly grew America’s fascination with outer space hosting the Fox reboot of Carl Sagan’s classic PBS series.
Fans who are fastidious enough to sign up for The Wilbur Weekly will be the first to gain access to the Wilbur’s exclusive pre-sale opportunity, which begins on Wednesday, July 16 at 12:00 p.m., using the promotional code included in this week’s Wilbur Weekly. The pre-sale event will end on Thursday, July 17 at 11:59 p.m.
The online auction for two premium seats and the chance to meet Dr. Tyson in person ends on Friday, July 17 at 5:00 p.m. To enter, simply head on over to the event ticket page to place your bid for this exclusive offer – and of course, some rules and restrictions do apply:
- In this auction, you cannot have more than one valid bid at a time using the same credit card number or Ticketmaster account.
- Increasing your bid amount cancels your previous bid. If you rebid, your new bid for the higher amount is considered your bid, and your previous bid is no longer valid.
- There are no cancellations. Once you submit a bid, you may not cancel or revoke it. However, you may increase your bid at any time before the auction ends.
- Bids are ranked first by the amount bid per ticket. In case of a tie, bids are ranked by the time that the bids were placed, with earlier bids for the same amount receiving priority. If other bidders later submit higher bids, your bid may be reassigned to a lower Ticket Group or you may receive no tickets at all, depending on the quantities of tickets in those bids and in the Ticket Groups.
- If you have a valid winning bid when the auction ends, you agree to pay, and your credit card will be charged: a per ticket price equal to the amount of your winning bid, a delivery fee (if applicable), and a processing fee.
- The auction is also subject to the Auction Terms and the Ticketmaster Policies which shall be considered part of the auction rules.
Good luck, and let the bidding begin!