From that body-hugging bodice on the red carpet to the leave-nothing-to-the-imagination leotard on stage, Beyonce showed off her slim-down success at the Grammy Awards. Just how slender is she? Her designer revealed that Beyonce now wears a size two, reported the Daily Mail on Jan. 28.
Michael Costello, who designed the gown, commented on Beyonce's weight loss.
"It was incredible! We didn't have any of her sizes or measurements. The dress was just made to fit a sample mannequin," he revealed. "She is tiny."
So how did Beyonce lost the weight? She used a vegan cleansing diet, resulting in a total loss of 70 pounds, according to Headlines & Global News on Jan. 28.
During her behind-the-scenes documentary series for her albums, Beyonce revealed her views on her extreme weight loss after her baby.
"I worked crazily to get my body back. I wanted to show that you can have a child and you can work hard and you can get your body back," she explained.
Want to try a vegan diet yourself? Here's what you should know:
- Stay away from dairy, eggs, meat and fish.
- Enjoy fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds.
- One key to maintaining your muscle mass while burning fat on a vegan diet cleanse: Get enough protein. Beans and quinoa, for example, can fill the gap.
- In addition, vitamin B-12 is essential, and many vegans don't get enough. Consider taking a supplement.
- Incorporate variety into your meals by cooking: Click here for a survey of the best vegan cookbooks.
It might help to have support - and Jay Z provided that element for his wife, reported the Mirror on Jan. 28. Joining her on the vegan diet, he lost 40 pounds by giving up red meat and dairy as well.
They also teamed up for exercise. Queen Bey focused on running and dancing, while Jay Z hit the gym for "power moves."