1. Life
  2. Society & Culture
  3. Gender Issues

Beyonce sings hit song for sick child in Australia

R&B singer, Beyonce Knowles has been on the mouth of many in recent days. First it was the VMAs when she called Taylor Swift up onto the stage to finish her interrupted acceptance speech.  And now Beyonce wows a crowd and her fans worldwide as she sings a tribute to a sick little girl in Sydney, Australia.

With the image of Michael Jackson in the background, Beyonce invited little Chelsea up to the stage as she performed her song, "Halo."  Chelsea, who has Leukemia, is seen crying as the wind blows back her little hair, most of which she has lost from Chemotherapy treatments.  There is not a dry eye in the audience as Beyonce personalizes the lyrics for the weeping little girl.  At the end of the performance Beyonce and Chelsea embrace.

Kudos to Beyonce for using her gift of music to touch the life of a child.

What are your thoughts on the moving performance?  Are you a fan of Beyonce's music?

Comments

• lovestan 4 years ago

I am a huge fan of Beyonce, more so after attending her concert in Melbourne. She is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! God bless you B. I wish you loads of success and happiness.

• DJ 4 years ago

I was very touch by Beyonce’s genuine effort during her performance in Australia while she sings to the little girl. God bless you with a load of success and happiness. It was beautifully done.

• daniel 4 years ago

i was at that concert on friday and i have to say the whole show was amazing i was in awe! however this left everyone in tears as we walked out people everywhere were wiping tears from their eyes! it was amazing she made that girl smile and that is a moment she will remember for the rest of her life! beyonce is the #1 performer in the world!

• Lilly 4 years ago

The more we see kindness, the more we want to be kind. Beyonce is setting a great example....for everyone to follow. Let's not forget about compassion. And that little girl is strong and beautiful.....I am blessed to have seen this.

• Baz 4 years ago

Haha I haven't cried in years but this got me a little misty. Well done Beyonce, you've proven yourself to be a fantastic role model and a generous soul. Not to mention talented. Fantastic to see Chelsea was so touched and I wish her all the best on her journey.

Baz, Australia

• Kerry 4 years ago

Beyonce has SO much class!

• Ed 4 years ago

I'm not a fan but that was incredible.......

• Chris 4 years ago

Beyonce is so nice, this video touched me :( I cried.

• Al 4 years ago

Wow, I am a guy and this made me leak a tear. Well done Beyonce. I wish you the best, and I pray for Chelsea.

• elijah 4 years ago

Chelse I wish you the best sweetie..........and to Beyonce, that was great WOW!!!!! You made everyonce get emotional thats just proves that your the best love you B

• kendra 4 years ago