Beyonce's Super Bowl performance was hot enough for a power outage, and now it'll be remembered in a fashion forward exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum on Tues., July 22.
According to The Rock Hall of Fame and Museum, the exhibit will be showing her costumes in the Ahmet Ertegun Main Exhibit Hall in its Legends of Rock section. The highlighted outfit will be the Rubin Singer leather and lace body suit, skirt and jacket from the 2013 Super Bowl Performance.
This performance was also noteworthy not just because of the memorable power outage during the game but it was the first reunion in several years with the other members of Destiny's Child: Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.
Some other costume displays that will be at the exhibit from Yonce's collection include:
- Givenchy black beaded and purple feather mermaid gown from the 2012 Met Gala
- Gareth Pugh gold dress from the 2011 “Run the World (Girls)” music video
- One-sleeve black leotard from the 2008 “Single Ladies” music video
- White cotton tank-top w/stones, J Brand Denim shorts and red Stuart Weitzman patent leather sling-back pumps from the 2003 “Crazy In Love” music video
- Thierry Mugler gold metal body suit with gold pumps from the 2009 “Sweet Dreams” music video
This has been a busy year for Queen Bey. She ended 2013 breaking an iTunes record with her quietly released self-titled album, and marched into 2014 with a duo On the Run tour with her husband/rapper icon Jay Z.
She also spent $7 million to finance the building expenses for a housing complex for homeless Houston residents. Houston is the R&B icon's hometown.
Follow Shamontiel on Pinterest for all of her latest TV, book, music and movie reviews; photo galleries; entertainment saving tips and other entries, or subscribe to her National African American Entertainment channel at the top of this page. Also, follow her @BlackHealthNews, and follow this Pinterest board to read her celebrity interviews.