Work out video after work out video has claimed that the contents contained within that plastic little disc can change your life. But can it really? The answer is nothing really works until you do it. Honestly, every fad diet has at least some validity to it, because they all really employ the same rule of thumb: cut calories, lower carbohydrate intake, increase activity and water intake and stick to it. Therein lies the problem.
Can one achieve a better body? Yes! Is it easy? No. So first change your thinking right now. There is NO QUICK FIX. You must do the video, attend the workout class and/or follow the diet plan for it to work. There are, however, techniques that work better than others.
Part I of Better buns, abs and thighs revealed that the elliptical was the “weapon” of choice against flabby bellies, saddle bags and droopy bottoms. But not everyone likes stationary equipment. Some folks like to move. Many may not want to join a fitness club to achieve their goals though.
So if you don’t want to use the elliptical, and you don’t want to join the Zumba class or whatever is the latest work out craze, order yourself a video. But which one? Following is a breakdown of a few workout tapes that really do answer the call and do what they say they will do…but buyer beware. This is not your mother’s Sweating to the Oldies.
- Varying levels of difficulty (multi disc package)
- High energy
- Good music
- Specific segment for resistance training
- Comes with a meal plan (that is actually quite sensible and quite do-able).
- Bonus: tones and tightens the core, bum, arms and thighs by combining an interesting form of kickboxing, street dance moves and Brazilian Capoeira.
- Bonus 2: intial results are seen fairly quickly (within two weeks)
- Varying levels of difficulty
- Moderate energy
- Mellow music
- Combines resistance training into work out with resistance bands, calisthenics and palates
- Bonus: you really do see results in 6 weeks
- Bonus 2: the most affected areas are the abs achieved by combining old school aerobics with palates inspired moves.
- Varying levels of difficulty
- High, high energy
- Great Brazilian music
- Combines tried and true cardio, calisthenics and Brazilian Capoeira
- Uses a special technique called “triangle training” that targets the “BOOM BOOM”.
- You will not get as much of an upper body work out with most of the moves. The moves are specially formulated and specifically concentrated on the glutes, with an auxillary emphasis on the legs (abs get worked with a lot of stabilizing exercises).
- Bonus: you will see results! (not as quickly as the former mentioned workout plans)
*Note: the ironic twist is your bum may be rounder and more lifted but you could also gain a little weight, before you begin to lose. Muscle weighs more than fat and the building of all three gluteus muscle regions, (maximus, medius and minimus), could temporarily cause the number on the scale to go up. You will continue to burn fat if your diet is balanced and in turn you will shed inches and inevitably pounds.
The list of hot mommas is ever growing in Hollywood, from Jessica Alba, to Kate Hudson, to Megan Fox, to Beyonce Knowles. Sure they have personal trainers and chefs to make achieving their goals easier, but with a little determination and dedication you can be a hot momma too!