Bethenny Frankel has become known as "SkinnyGirl" for her brand of everything from nutrition bars to beverages. We first met her on "The Real Housewives of New York," where she stole the spotlight with her smarts, sass and sparks. Now Bethenny shines in her own talk show, which combines the best of the "Dr. Oz Show" (great diet debates), "The Chew" (skinny versions of tasty foods) and Ellen DeGeneres' talk show (hilarious guests).
But just because her talk show has been cancelled (which we regard as a network executive's really bad decision!) doesn't mean we're deprived of Bethenny's SkinnyGirl wisdom. She's designed products and books to help you rock your world, from beauty to body:
- One of our personal favorites: "The Skinnygirl Dish: Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life" cookbook (click for details). She's dished up delicious recipes on her show that prove you can reduce calories without sacrificing flavor (we've included two below).
- Want to slip into your skinny jeans as sleekly as SkinnyGirl? Bethenny's also authored a diet book: "Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting" (click for more information) and "Skinnygirl Solutions: Your Straight-Up Guide to Home, Health, Family, Career, Style, and Sex."
- We also have tried and love her workout DVDs, such as Body By Bethenny with Bethenny Frankel. She's fun and easy to follow.
- You are what you eat - and when we want to eat chocolate, we love Skinny Girl On The Go Protein Bars in flavors like Dark Chocolate Multigram Pretzel.
- In addition, she's created various lotions, some of which are featured in Skinnygirl Body Solutions Three Piece Gift Set.
On a recent episode of her talk show, Bethenny dished up sweet treat recipes that have fewer than 200 calories per generous serving (see below).
Skinnygirl Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar with Sea Salt:
1 cup Brown Rice Syrup
1/4 cup cane sugar
2 tsp. Salted Butter
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup soy crisps
1 cup rolled oats
7 oz caramel
7 oz chocolate
Desired amount of crushed unsalted
Pinch of sea salt
1. In a pot add syrup, sugar and peanut butter. Heat on medium until melted and mixed.
2. In separate bowl mix soy crisps, oats, and desired amount of crushed unsalted peanuts. Add hot syrup, sugar and peanut butter mixture and hand mix for less than a minute until evenly mixed.
3. Spread on a baking sheet on top of wax paper.
4. Heat chocolate in pot on medium until melted. Pour a thin layer of chocolate over the mixture on the baking sheet
5. Heat caramel using double boiler until melted. Drizzle over mixture on baking sheet
6. Sprinkle sea salt.
Bethenny's Dark Chocolate Covered Bananas:
Bag of dark chocolate chips
1. Cut banana in half
2. Dip in dark chocolate (after melting)
3. Dip in silvered almonds (or sprinkles)
4. Put on wax paper and freeze.