In previous years, Super Bowl Sunday has been renamed Good Commercials Sunday in my household. Then we heard about the Kitten Bowl from the Hallmark Channel. So my two cats, both adopted from the local animal shelter, and I studied the line-up and cast our votes. Bob the Wonder Cat was favoring the North Shore Bengals, while Miss Kitty gave two paws up to Home & Family Felines.
Here's the play-by-play as we saw it:
- TV personality and animal activist Beth Stern rocked our house. Every time that he heard her voice, Bob ran around in circles, purred and tossed his favorite furry mouse high in the air.
- When emcee John Sterling spoke, Miss Kitty listened. She was so overwhelmed by his calls that she fell asleep (sorry, John).
- Meows rang through the house when Tim Teepaw let the fur fly. Although Miss Kitty is spayed, she woke up with a jump and ran over to stare intently at the screen. Could there be a platonic relationship in the future?
- A time-out for unnecessary cuteness was called in our home when Bob decided he needed to wash Miss Kitty's ears and they both purred so loudly that they drowned out the TV.
Overall, bonus paws for whisker wisdom on this show. To quote the feline observers:
- Bob the Wonder Cat: "Rescue rocks! Adopt today."
- Miss Kitty: "Meeeow."
Get tips on pet-friendly snacks to serve at Pet Bowl parties by clicking here.