2014 is still young and your goal is to maintain or shed a few pounds. Forget about the weight loss plans you have tried in the past only to prove futile. There are many more out there to choose from and a combination of some is exactly what you need to live a healthy life. With predictions indicating that more Americans will gain weight in years to come, it’s the right time to pick a diet that will put of the extra pounds in 2014 and days ahead. You don’t have to be so strict with yourself.
The decision should basically focus on a healthy diet—one you can stick to throughout the year. Here are some suggestions of diet plans for 2014:
- Dash diet: it has been ranked as the best diet for the last 4 years. Health experts believe that it improves health, contains balanced healthy food groups, and that it works. According to studies, dash diet lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels which are directly linked with heart disease, stroke, and certain types of cancer, kidney stones, and diabetes. It emphasizes on fruits and vegetables balanced with the correct amount of protein. It’s a simple diet that is fit for your family even without necessarily watching the portion size.
- Weight Watchers: it has been ranked best for people who want to lose and maintain weight both in long-term and short term. However, it may not work for everyone but it has been rated “moderately” effective by health experts for long-term weight loss. The only challenge is that dieters on this plan find it difficult to stick all year round.
- Biggest Loser Diet: while on this diet, you are supposed to consume healthy food and do regular exercises. You can easily get weekly prepackaged, portion-controlled foods. It’s ideal for both long-term and short-term weight loss and usually consists of raw foods. These contain fewer calories but health experts warn that the diet plan may not work for all.
- Atkins Diet: it has been rated well when it comes to weight loss within a short span of time. However, health experts find it less impressive as a long-term weight loss approach. It comprises of four phase where you keep carbs at bay in the initial stages. Some studies indicate that it raises HDL cholesterol and lowers blood pressure greatly reducing chances for stroke and heart disease.
- Flexitarian Diet: if you are able to stick to this diet plan, you will lose and maintain weight, both in the short and long-term. The diets is based on the fact that semi vegetarian weigh less compared to carnivores. It advocates consumption of plant-based foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grain. These usually contain fewer calories and thus you will lose weight.
- Slim Fast: it alleges that dieters will lose about 2 to 3 pounds of weight weekly and keep it of for good. It is a convenient diet obtainable readily packed. It has low calorie content and contains essential nutrients such as calcium, vitamin D, and Vitamin B12. While on this diet, you are supposed to take a piling meal for dinner.
- Spark Solution Diet: it is one diet that can help you lose weight if you can stick with it all through. It revolves about combining exercise with low calorie intake. It ensures that you burn more calories each day than you consume. It starts with two weeks of structured diet and exercise to put you on track for successful weight loss. It works by controlling calorie intake and optimize metabolism.
- Vegan Diet: if you chose to go vegan, you will become like a vegetarian eliminating animal products, including eggs and dairy products on your meals. Instead, you should consume veggies, seeds and legumes, whole grains, nuts, and leafy greens.
- Volumetric s Diet: it’s been renowned to help dieters lose and maintain weight. It works well for both short and long-term weight loss approaches. It entirely focuses on satiety, feeling full, or having had enough. Due to its approach, health experts think it can work for many people but also insists on need for regular exercises. However it’s not a guarantee that it can work for everyone.
If you have resolved to lose weight in 2014, there are plenty of diet plans that you can reach out and make your dream a reality. The overall benefits of healthy weight are the key to your well being now and in the future. Whereas it can be difficult to stick to some diet plans in 2014, try from the many available options you can always count on. It’s recommendable to inform your physician as some requires their supervision. Be wise and go for the best weight loss diet plan for 2014.