“Best Week Ever” on VH1 had an unusual victor on the Feb. 1 show. They named dips the victor for the week. The show even posted their own chip recipe, “You Gotta Be Chippin’ Me!” on the www.vh1.com on Feb. 1. It is seemed “the best dip ever.”
However, the comedian commentators on “Best Week Ever” took it up a notch. They love this dip because it is infused with potato chips. That means you’re actually dipping your chips in more chips. That makes it a socially acceptable form of double dipping.
The dip is extremely cream with both cream cheese and sour cream. It also contains shredded cheese, bacon and green onions. Two bags of potato chips are required. One is for crushing (they used a hammer on the show to do the job) to put inside the dip and the other is for actual dipping.
Let us know what you think if you try “the best dip ever.”
“You Gotta Be Chippin’ Me!” Potato Chip Dip
- 1 eight ounce package softened cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (recommendation: sharp cheddar)
- 1 chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon (about 4 slices)
- 2 large bags of ridged potato chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush one bag of chips in a food processor (or by smash them up with a rolling pin)
- Set half the crushed chips aside.
- Combine bacon, onion, cheese, sour cream and cream cheese with half of the crushed chips.
- Spread mixture into a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in the fridge.
- Top with other half of crushed chips before serving with whole chips for dipping.