Oatmeal is a delicious rich, nutty and one hundred percent natural super food. Eating a bowl of oatmeal each morning has more health benefits than any other breakfast meal or cereal on the market. In fact just one bowl of oatmeal can provide over half of the daily value of omega-3 fatty acids our bodies need. It is a low calorie and low level fat food that fills you up quickly and stops cravings throughout the morning. Each cup of oatmeal contains 130 calories and has high protein and fiber levels and is gluten-free.
- Lower blood cholesterol
- Good source of soluble fiber and water soluble fiber
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Contains a high content of complex carbohydrates
- Slows digestion
- Stabilizes blood-glucose levels
- Enhances the immune system against bacteria and disease
- High in B vitamins
- Helps control weight gain
- Reduce risk of type 2 diabetes
- Reduce blood pressure
- Contains an array of vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- May reduce the risk of certain cancers
Start your day with the natural wholesomeness of oatmeal!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: