No, we can't get enough of the Cowboys so here's my top ten quotes by Troy Aikman. I hope you enjoy them and have a lively discussion about them with your kids.
1. “Losing doesn't eat at me the way it used to. I just get ready for the next play, the next game, the next season.”
2. “I've always viewed myself as an achiever. I need to achieve for myself.”
3. “I do think you have to have a great receiver and a great running back, ... But really every position is critical.”
4. “We go in with eyes wide open and recognize there will be a lot of hard work involved. But we anticipate having success. We feel like we have assembled a great group of people. If we were going to do it any other way, we would have made an announcement a long time ago. We were very diligent.”
5. “It's a challenge we have before us. We recognize that. We go in with eyes wide open and recognize there will be a lot of hard work involved. But we anticipate having success.”
6. “I've made no bones about it, that if this would happen, it would be the greatest individual athletic achievement of my life. When I think of all the great players who have played, to be considered one of the players that helped define the game itself, it is a humbling experience.”
7. “I played it to win championships and win as many games as I could. I feel like I did it as well as anybody that's played the game. I'm happy that we won three world championships.”
8. “12 of the best years of my life. It will never be forgotten.”
9. “I feel wholeheartedly that our success was linked together in so many different ways. I think that all three of us, in a lot of ways, pushed aside our own egos and selfishness in order for the team to thrive.”
10. “I hope it's not that difficult. I was 0-11 as starter, but we didn't throw in the towel. We all pulled together to do whatever was necessary to succeed.”
For more information on Troy Aikman, including his stats, visit www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm.
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the quotes from Roger Staubach. If you missed them, you can view my article at www.examiner.com/x-24749-Fort-Worth-Parenting-Tweens-Examiner~y2010m1d11-Best-Roger-Staubach-quotes-for-kids.