Christmas is coming fast, and the question on many moms' minds is what to get their kids for Christmas. The list below will give you ideas of what the hot toys for boys are for 2013, toys that will last, and toys that are sure to be on the top of their list for Santa.
- Skylanders Swap Force : After early success with Spyro's Adventures and Skylanders Giants (both of which are discounted right now), Activision has done it again with Swap Force. With a new slightly larger portal of power, special Skylanders swappable figures will be able to swap heads and bodies to create new powers to help defend Skylands. The best part? All those old characters from Spyros and Giants will work, although there are many new figures as well.
- Disney Infinity : Similar in style to Skylanders, but different in many ways. The Disney Infinity game allows you to bring characters like Sully, Jack Sparrow, and Mr Incredible to life and to help them complete missions. You can also play with them in the Toy Box, where you can play with up to 4 players online to create many different adventures.
- Imaginext Bat Cave : This new (and less expensive!) batcave can either be an addition to the DC Super Friends Batcave released a few years ago, or stand alone. The new batcave comes with Batman, Flight suit, Batwing, Batcycle and two projectiles, and also gives you the ability to bring the Batcave to life with an iPhone. Stickers around the Batcave trigger different activities in the free app from Imaginext. Have a big Batman fan? Pair this with the Gotham City Jail for even more fun.
- Legos. Any set will do, but popular ones this year include Legends of Chima The Lion CHI Temple, Star Wars Palpatine's Arrest, Lego City The Mine, and Lego Superheroes Superman Battle of Smallville. For any early Christmas gift, the Lego Advent Calendars are a sure hit. Looking for stocking stuffers? There are many Lego sets under $10.
- Mega Bloks also have some specialized sets that your boys will like. Sets like Skylanders, Halo, and Power Rangers are good sets that tend to be a little less expensive than Legos.
- The Ugglys Electronic Pup Pets : It's a farting, burping, barking growling electronic dog that lives up to its "Ugly" name. While this may not be a favorite for moms, it is sure to be a favorite for boys.
- Dusty Crophopper RC Wing Control : Dusty will mimic your little boy's motions and has over 40 movie phrases. Look for this one on Black Friday specials, although at around $35 normally, it isn't a bad deal.
- Battroborg Battle Arena : Control up to 10 robots at a time per controller, allowing for up to 20 robots to battle it out at a time. The robots can be charged in 20 minutes, which will then give 20 minutes of play time. Getting extra robots will up the fun.
- PlasmaCar : These ride on swing cars aren't just for kids, you can use them too! The max weight capacity is 220, so grab a couple of them and race around on any smooth, flat surface.
- Operation : The fun game you played as a child is available not only in its classic version, but in many variations; Star Wars, Buzz Lightyear, Spongebob, Spiderman, Doc McStuffins, and Nightmare Before Christmas are just a few of the options.
Black Friday will be here before you know it, with deals from many great retailers. If Amazon replicates its deals last year, you may be able to avoid the crowds and simply order everything online. Check out their Holiday Toy List for Boys for more ideas, too.
Shopping for girls too? Be sure to check out the Best toys for girls 2013.