Thanksgiving is the perfect time to show your gratitude for friends and family.
As the holiday approaches, many are searching Google for a thankful quote to post on Twitter or Facebook, or Thanksgiving blessings and prayers to recite at the holiday dinner table.
The blessings below are perfect to use at the holiday table when friends, family and even co-workers gather to share a meal on Thanksgiving Day.
If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart
Even if you aren't with your friends or family members on Thanksgiving, you can share your thanks in a tweet or post a thankful quote as your status on Facebook.
Use a meaningful quote inside a card or e-card or send a text with a short prayer or simple saying.
Thanksgiving Prayers and Blessings
- How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you. - Psalm 31:19
- This Thanksgiving let those of us who have much and those who have little gather at the welcoming table of the Lord. At this blessed feast, may rich and poor alike remember that we are called to serve on another and to walk together in God's gracious world. With thankful hearts we praise our God who like a loving parent denies us no good thing. - Songs of Our Hearts, Meditations of Our Souls: Prayers for Black Catholics
- Be present at our table, Lord. Be here and everywhere adored. Thy creatures bless and grant that we may feast in paradise with Thee. - John Cennick
- Give us this day our daily bread, O Father in heaven, and grant that we who are filled with good things from Your open hand, may never close our hearts to the hungry, the homeless, and the poor; in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. - The Abbey of New Clairvaux
- I asked, "Lord, please teach me how to pray?" And the Lord said, "Okay." Prayer is kindness, prayer is caring, Giving friendship first, and sharing.
- For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Thanksgiving Quotes and Sayings
- Who does not thank for little will not thank for much. - Estonian proverb
- Do not get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. - Galatians 6:9
- Remember God's bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude! - Henry Ward Beecher
- Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many--not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some - Charles Dickens
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart
- The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. - H.U. Westermayer
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- That action is not warrantable which either fears to ask the divine blessing on its performance, or having succeeded, does not come with thanks giving to God for its success. - Francis Quarles
- None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy. - Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
Sources: BrainyQuote, Catholic Prayers of Thanksgiving