There was a panic the week before Super Bowl XLVII with rumors that there wouldn't be enough chicken wings to go around. The chicken wing crisis led to chefs going on morning shows with a variety of dip recipes as a snack alternative. Dips were so popular that VH1 declared they were having the “best week ever” on Feb. 1.
Fortunately, the chicken wing shortage proved to be a false alarm. While lower production has led to higher prices, there is plenty of stock frozen in storage for wing fans to get their fix during the big game. However, that doesn't mean dips have to fall back down to backup status.
A hearty dip can be more than just a snack. Skip average ranch or French onion dips with plain potato chips. Guacamole and salsa are tasty, but they aren't very filling. Combine love for wings and dips into something awesome instead.
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped green onion
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Place in a small baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese and onion
- Bake until bubbly.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with celery, carrots, chips and crackers for dipping.