Most everyone loves bacon wrapped scallops because they so darned good, but this bacon wrapped scallops recipe is also super easy. With just three ingredients, you can put this Super Bowl appetizer recipe together in minutes. The secret ingredient in these maple bacon wrapped scallops recipe is—not surprisingly—pure Vermont maple syrup, so don't skimp on imitations!
Maple Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- 20 uncooked sea scallops
- 20 slices uncooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup pure Vermont maple syrup
How To Make Maple Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Line a baking sheet or broiler pan with foil.
- Fire up broiler to high heat, or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap bacon over scallops and secure with a toothpick. Place scallops on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the maple syrup into the center of the scallop. Try not to get any on the bacon.
- Broil for 6 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp. Bake for 8-10 minutes in oven.
- Remove from broiler or oven, and drizzle remaining maple syrup over hot scallops.
- Serve immediately.
Best Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe with Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Best Guacamole Dip Recipe
- Zesty Pesto Pasta Salad
- Mexican Salad Recipe
- Taco Salad Recipe
Photo Credit: www.bjs.com