Looking for an easy Seven Layer Mexican Dip recipe for Super Bowl Sunday? This colorful Super Bowl appetizer dip has avocados, salsa, cilantro, black beans, tomatoes and layers of extra tasty ingredients. Serve this 7 Layer Mexican Dip with tortilla chips, corn chips or pita wedges, and a side of cornbread if you wish.
Seven Layer Mexican Dip Recipe
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans, drained well
- 1/2 cup salsa, your choice
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese
- 2 Roma or heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 - 15 ounce can pitted black olives, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno or red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
How To Make 7 Seven Layer Mexican Dip Recipe
- Mix black beans, salsa and 2 Tbsp cilantro together in a small bowl. Turn out into a pretty rimmed platter.
- Carefully spread sour cream over the top of the beans using an off-set spatula or rubber spatula, leaving some of the beans showing.
- Layer the avocados, cheese, tomatoes, olives, red onion and optional jalapeno, one on top of each other, leaving a bit of the layer underneath showing. Finally, sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita wedges or on top of a salad.
Best Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe with Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Best Guacamole Dip Recipe
- Zesty Pesto Pasta Salad
- Mexican Salad Recipe
- Taco Salad Recipe
Photo property of Donna Diegel