Our city has grown into a tremendous epicenter for emerging markets, new industry trends, and creative onset of entrepreneurship. People far and wide have come to this area implanting themselves into the makeup of today's diverse city dynamic. As such, the new wave of entertainment, arts culture, and nightlife standards are constantly being redefined to adapt. Companies are now especially seeing the value of the region as a major test market which turns into us getting preferential treatment on first dibs with most new products, experiences, or creative ideas. Still not sold on the idea of thriving culture and social change, maybe you should go out and check one of these amazing events below to reshape your perspective. Just get out there already, have some fun, and live a little.
- G40 Art Summit @ The Blind Whino: massive art exhibit showcasing until October 6th, 2013. Check out #FAME (Fashion, Art, Music, and Entertainment) hosted by Rock Creek Social Club this Friday, September 20th. Open Hours Thursday and Friday 7:00 - 11:00pm, Saturday 12:00 - 11:00pm, Sunday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 700 Delaware Avenue, Southwest, Washington D.C. 20001.
- DC Shorts Film Festival: 150+ films showcased from around the world at six various venues. New to the film festival scene, check out this great reference of guidance tips. September 19th - 29th; Free family and lunch screenings available, tickets are still required and can be reserved online.
- H Street Festival: amazing community event that brings together fun and entertainment to the NE area. Be sure to check out Ihsan Bilal singing as one of the opening acts for this year's festival. Highly advise riding a bike or taking METRO to attend the event and enjoy without having to spend time searching all day for parking. September 21, 2013 starts at 12:00pm (noon).
- SneakerCon (DC): fantastic event for sneaker and aficionados connoisseurs to buy, trade, and sell footwear. September 21, 2013, 12:00 - 7:00pm. The Charles E. Smith Center, George Washington University, 600 22nd Street, Northwest, Washington D.C. 20037.
- SneakerPimps (DC): largest touring sneaker and street based art show. Be sure to check out Bun B and Stalley performances at this year's event. October 8th, 2013 at Ibiza DC. Starts at 3:00pm. 1222 1st Street Northeast, Washington D.C. 20002
- Crafty Bastards: large outdoor arts and crafts fair hosted by Washington City Paper. Tickets available $5.00 per person. September 28th and 29th. Union Market, 1309 5th Street Northeast, Washington D.C. 20002
Please enjoy and share your experiences with us. If you are looking for inspiration, check out these amazing events and have some fun. Everyone check out the release of "The Watsons Go to Birmingham" a fantastic movie being aired on the Hallmark Channel (Friday, September 20th at 8/7c).