Roku devices offer a great alternative to cable or satellite television and a chance to save $100 or more per month if you cut the pay TV cord entirely.
You'll have the most viewing options if you subscribe to one or more premium services, like Netflix or Amazon Prime, but Roku also offers a significant amount of content that doesn't require a subscription. The following channels offer quality kid-friendly content without no cable or satellite service required.
- With the PBS Kids channel, your kids can view full episodes of many favorite shows, including "Curious George," "Word Girl" and "Wild Kratts."
- You and your kids may love Angry Birds Toons even if you don't play mobile phone games. Rovio has put together dozens of short cartoons starring their famous birds and piggies, with a new one added weekly.
- The Family Fun Flix channel offers a variety of free shows for kids, including some that come from popular DVDs. One example is "Kidz Bob Dance Moves," which provides dance instruction to several popular songs, performed by tweens and appropriate for kids. The channel also features a documentary about popular singing group One Direction along with numerous animated versions of classic books.
- The Craft Smart channel's collection includes dozens of how-to videos that can teach kids or grown-ups knitting, crocheting, looming and a host of other skills.
- National Geographic Kids has over a dozen full-length family shows, including "Are We There Yet?" and "Amazing Animals."
If this article helped you or if you have further suggestions, please feel free to comment below.