As we celebrate the Dallas Cowboys, why not see what we can learn from one of the greatest players of all time, Roger Staubach? Here are ten great quotes that may start good conversations with your kids…just make sure you wait until after the game to discuss them!
1. “Confidence doesn't come out of nowhere. It's a result of something... hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.”
2. “Nothing good comes in life or athletics unless a lot of hard work has preceded the effort. Only temporary success is achieved by taking short cuts.”
3. "… but I never changed my loyalty. I'm still a big Cowboys fan.”
4. "I want to win every race, but I know that's not possible…"
5. “I have a lot to learn about NASCAR. But I've learned if you have the right people in the right places doing the right things, you can be successful at whatever you do.”
6. “I don't think Troy and I are that arrogant.”
7. "Winning isn`t getting ahead of others. It`s getting ahead of yourself."
8. There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.
9. It`s okay to have personal ambitions, but you have to take someone with you.
10. In any team sport, the best teams have consistency and chemistry
For a short biography and stats, visit www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx.