With summer brining out inspiration for fun colors and patterns, men are seeing nearly as many options as women this season. From flamingo print shorts found cheap at Forever21 to classic Hawaiian styles found at Tommy Bahama, there is sure to be something for men of all tastes in terms of print. Yet, even though the temperatures are rising, it is not uncommon to be frozen out at work by the blasting air conditioners or restricted by dress codes. So while there are fun options, classic tailored suits and shirts are also a must for summer. Try the options below for great casual and formal finds:
1. Surmesure – made-to-measure shirts, slacks, blazers, full suits and even fun accessories like bow ties and cuff links. New to Toronto from Montreal, this Queen East addition has been well received.
2. Suit Supply – off the rack styles in suits, shirts, pants, shorts, shoes – you name it! Known for being the Zara of suits, this store has a higher price point, but definitely delivers on style and quality.
3. Loding – this French shoe and shirt company has finally branched out to North America and blessed the streets of Yorkville with its beautiful European styles. With a decent price point, now Torontonians can bring a little piece of Paris home.
4. Gravity Pope – with an amazing array of goods, if one’s budget it on the higher side, this is a destination for hip and sexy styles with designers from France to L.A.
5. J.Crew – great classic styles for every occasion from the beach to Italian cloth suits.
6. floorplaysocks – the only boutique of its kind in Toronto, any man can find socks to suit his feet here!
7. Oliver Spencer – for the man that likes to be a bit bold or different, this boutique in Queen West features bright colors and unique patterns for this summer.
8. Cabaret – a vintage store located in Queen West, if a one-of-a-kind masterpiece is what is on the list, this is the place!