If you're planning on making a New Year's resolution to win at weight loss, you know that you need the right weapon in the battle of the bulge. And that's an effective, easy-to-follow diet. Publishers are filling the stores this time of year with diet books promising to do everything from lose weight overnight to get sleek in a week.
We've read our way through a variety of the newest contenders in the world of weight loss, and here are the best in different categories:
- Heard of the Paleo caveman diet? How about a version for women? That's what you'll get with "Cavewomen Don't Get Fat: The Paleo Chic Diet for Rapid Results" (click for details).
- Cleanse your body and detoxify while shedding pounds. Learn more by reading "The Detox Prescription: Supercharge Your Health, Strip Away Pounds, and Eliminate the Toxins Within" (click for details).
- Can you lose weight by dieting only every other day? Yes, say the experts who authored "The Every-Other-Day Diet: The Diet That Lets You Eat All You Want (Half the Time) and Keep the Weight Off" (click for details).
- Want to really super-charge your weight loss and accelerate fat-burning? Dr. Ian Smith is your answer, with his book on how to shred fat, blast calories and watch the weight melt away: "Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Faster!" (click for details).
- Love "The Doctors" for its practical advice? Dr. Travis, host of that show, has authored his own diet book: "The Doctor's Diet: Dr. Travis Stork's STAT Program to Help You Lose Weight & Restore Your Health" (click for details).