Laura's Lean Beef and Jenny'O Turkey Breast can help you succeed in the fight against obesity and heart disease. Laura's Lean Beef is amazingly tasty and almost fat free. Use it as you would any other beef for pasta, meat loaf or hamburgers. Adding the Jenny'O Turkey Breast adds another level of flavor that is absolutely delightful. Also try the Laura's Lean Beef steaks and roasts. They are amazing and you won't miss one gram of the fat.
This recipe is a no brainer. You just can't go wrong with using these two meats together. Adding the sauces, ketchup and mustard adds the moisture needed when using near fat free ground meat. Try this with White and Sweet Potato Wedges for a deliciously healthy meal.
Also try using this combination of meat, along with turkey sausage for a wonderful Sunday Sauce!
Best Low Fat Burgers You Will ever Eat!
- 1 lb. 1 lb. Laura's Lean Beef
- Jennie-O' ground turkey breast (for lowest fat content, make sure it is turkey breast)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Lite Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Teapoon Honey Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon A1 Sauce (or more of any of the above)
- 1 teaspoon herb blend of choice (I used rosemary, thyme and oregano)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a good sized bowl, put the Laura's Lean Beef and Jenny'O Ground Turkey. Add all except the salt and pepper to the meat and mix very gently until well-mixed but okay if you can still see that it's two kinds of meat. Over-mixing will cause the burgers to be tough.
2. Heat large skillet, grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
3. Form into eight patties. Sprinkle tops with salt and pepper... and a dash of cayenne, if you'd like. Go around the pan about 2 times with olive oil, swirl around to cover pan - or spread with a brush. Allow oil to heat for a minute. Put patties into pan very close together, salted side down. Cook until the bottom side is carmelized and you can see that the burger is cooked about 1/3 of the way through. About 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your burger. Turn and salt & pepper the other side. Lower heat to medium and cook until done, about another 5 minutes or so.
4. Use Multi-Grain Flat Rounds, dress the bun with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and mayo, romaine lettuce and tomato and a flavorful cheese, if desired.