© Adrianhancu | Dreamstime.com
Montreal is home to many amazing restaurants and bistros, and it is famous for the variety of cuisines. But how healthy are some of the restaurant choices we are making when going out? Surely, the expensiveness of the food does not ensure superior quality. This article lists some of the best healthy restaurants in Montreal, praised for keeping their operation "bonne sante":
- Kaizen Sushi Bar and Restaurant. If you are a fan of sushi, this place will be right up your alley. The address is 4075, rue Ste-Catherine O.
- Arlequino restaurant on 1218 Drummond will be perfect if your weakness is Italian food, as well as real Italian pizza.
- If you are a fan of urban international bistros, you probably want to try Zero8 on 1735 St-Denis.
- For vegetarian resto-service, go for Aux Vivres on 4631 St-Laurent. They are not only vegetarian, but also organic.
- If you are around old Montreal and are up for going to a nice (and healthy!) coffee shop, check out Cafe Sante Veritas on 480 Saint-Laurent, and order one of their delicious sandwiches.
- If you like chain restos and appreciate consistency, do try Le Commensal--a vegetarian, healthy, and budget-friendly place. There is a variety of locations, which you can find here.
Remember, if your goal is weight loss, stick to the low-calorie options when you go out (because healthy does not always equal low-cal). Hold off the mayo, butter, and fatty dressings to cut the calories, but it is unlikely that munching on a garden salad with no dressing is going to raise your spirits, so the idea is to moderate yet still enjoy yourself. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?