You may have missed the Sept. 19 story on KSDK NewsChannel 5's "Show Me St. Louis," but don't miss the second annual Best Friends Animal Society's Strut Your Mutt® event on Saturday, Sept. 28 at 10:00 AM. Registration starts at 8:30 AM and the strut starts at 10:00 AM.
You're invited to Tilles Park (9551 Litzsinger Road in Saint Louis) for this paw-fect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful fall weather in the company of other pet lovers. The entire family is sure to love this fundraising dog walk followed by a doggie-themed festival that includes pet contests, photos, dog treats, fun activities, refreshments and much more.
According to the organization's Facebook page, "Last year, nearly 11,000 people nationwide took part in Best Friends Animal Society's Strut Your Mutt®. Together, these two- and four-legged walkers earned nearly $1.3 million for homeless pets and 180 animal welfare groups who serve them, helping to save the lives of pets in shelters all across the country."
Registration information from the event website is provided below:
- Individuals: $30 ($35 day-of)
- Couples: $50 ($60 day-of)
- Kids 12 and under with t-shirt: $20 ($25 day-of)
- Kids 12 and under without t-shirt: FREE
- Virtual Participant (not attending our official Strut in St. Louis): $10 (does not include a t-shirt but 2013 Strut shirts will be available for purchase). Virtual Participants, like Individual Walkers, can raise money for Best Friends or for a participating Network Partner--but will need to join a Network Partner's Dog Pack in order to raise money for that group.
Best Friends Animal Society has set a national Strut Your Mutt® fundraising goal of $2 million this year. The website's goal tracker on Sept. 19 shows 44% progress toward the $50,000 goal for the St. Louis event. Register today as an individual or as part of a "pack" to help reach the goal.
For more information and to register for the event, click here.
To read more articles by this author, click here.