With winter still here...get the popcorn and enjoy a family movie. Check out this list of some of the best family movies from 2012.
Children 7 Years and Older
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (PG). Funny and inventive animation.
- Hotel Transylvania (PG). Amusing animated tale about teen vampire.
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (PG) Neat adventure tale.
Children 10 Years and Older
- Frankenweenie (PG). Animated story about young boy named Frankenstein.
- ParaNorman (PG). Boy sees dead people and zombies in animated tale.
- The Lorax (PG). Environmental animation based on beloved Dr. Suess book.
- Brave (PG). Medieval Scottish princess rebels.
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits (PG). Riotous, animated fable.
- Big Miracle (PG). Live-action drama-comedy about saving whales.
Children 12 Years and Older
- The Odd Life of Timothy Green (PG). Touching live-action tale.
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (PG-13). Enthralling tale of our beloved hobbits.
- Lincoln (PG-13). Great glimpse into history.
- Marvel’s The Avengers (PG-13). Big action movie based on comic book characters.
- Trouble With The Curve (PG-13). Sweet father-daughter story.
- Premium Rush (PG-13). Action thriller- based on bicycles.
- Snow White and the Huntsman (PG-13). Fairy tale re-imagined about Snow White.
- Les Miserables (PG-13). Major musical dramatics.
- The Hunger Games (PG-13). Grim, but thrilling teen adventure set in the future.
Teens 15 Years and Older
- Pitch Perfect (PG-13). Funny story about singing, college.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (PG-13). Teen angst.
- Beasts of the Southern Wild (PG-13). Extraordinary indie.
- Moonrise Kingdom (PG-13). Offbeat and funny.
- Argo (R). R for language; terrific story, based on fact.
Like this article…Click on the SIGN-UP BUTTON at the top of the page and get all the Colorado Springs Family Entertainment News and Happenings sent directly to you.
Colorado Springs Family Entertainment is looking for families in the Colorado Springs or Southern Colorado area who would like to be featured in..."What our Family does for Fun”.