Yes, we all know by now that primer is a must-do before applying makeup to smooth out imperfections and keep makeup in place, but eyes always need special tlc.
Specially made for the thin, often oily, eyelids, eye primers go on the lid before any shadow application to make sure your eye makeup stays put through any special event, workday, or even workout.
- Trish McEvoy Eyebase Essentials not only preps the lids to keep makeup in plcae, it also instantly brightens the eye area for a wide-awake bright-eyed perk me up. It comes in different shades and can be worn alone or under eye makeup.
- Benefit's Stay Don't Stray lives up to its name. Its smooth texture and color makes for an ideal eye base to keep eye makeup in place.
- One of the best overall primers on the market is also a top eye primer. Smashbox Photo Finish Eye Primer is also a good choice for those who are loyal to the Smashbox line.
- Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer is one of the best tinted moisturizers on the market, and so it is no wonder the Eye Basics eye primer with shine control is another great choice.
- Urban Decay is an excellent line all around with fun packaging to boot, but it's Eyeshadow Primer Potion is more than just a pretty face. It does a great job of keeping eyemakeup in place.
In a pinch, regular concealer also does the trick to even out the eye area and prep for shadow. Don't leave home without it.