How many of us are balling on a budget?
We all would love to buy the luxe beauty products out there that Allure advises us to snag to look as fresh as our favorite celebs, but sometimes our pocketbooks can't necessarily handle the huge prices.
Have you ever wondered if there are any hidden gems at your local Walgreens, CVS or Target that would make you look just as amazing?
Through research and recommendations, hopefully this preliminary list will help you save a little cash while looking fabulous at the same time. Though, there are many others out there, here are just a few to get you started.
- Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation $8.99: Refinery29 says, this foundation is not heavy like the others. This product's "anti-shine core keeps oily complexions from looking slick, and it's pretty much budge-proof on even the hottest, stickiest summer days."
- CoverGirl WetSlicks Fruit Spritzers $4.94: Comparable to Lancome's Juicy Tubes, these budget-friendly lip glosses pack high-gloss and shine at more than half the price of their department store counterpart.
- Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs $11.79: Since nobody, with the exception of Princess Kate, wears pantyhose anymore, this spray-on leg makeup makes your legs look flawless in just one stroke. Perfect for covering imperfections and the best quality..it's water and transfer resistant!
- Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer SPF 20 $8.69: Spending hours in the sun is dangerous, and some self-tanners make some of us look like Snooki circa 2010. Jergens solved the problems by introducing this gradual self-tanner that offers a natural looking color while also providing SPF protection.
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum $21: Beauty websites and bloggers rave about this serum. This anti-aging moisturizer helps "hydrate and firm skin to fight signs of aging". Can't go wrong with a product that promises all of this while only be $21!
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer $18: This nighttime moisturizer contains the "fastest retinol available and is clinically proven to help fade the look of stubborn deep wrinkles, including crow's feet, forehead, and cheek wrinkles; brighten skin's tone; and smooth fine lines and texture."
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 $14.99: This light moisturizer is "clinically proven to calm and soothe sensitive skin and to visibly reduce the appearance of redness in as little as one week." It’s oil free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic, which is perfect for everyday use.
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser Lotion $7.79: Recommended by dermatologists, this light cleanser removes dirt, oil and makeup all while being gentle at the same time! Perfect for all skin-types, even those with the most sensitive skin.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm $3.99: This moisturizing lip balm contains SPF 20 and guarantees 8 hours of moisture. The brand claims this balm is "clinically proven to make lips 82% visibly less dry, 94% less rough, 77% more supple, and 77% better looking after just four weeks of use."
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask $6.99: You flat-iron, curl, bleach, process, pick...basically abuse your hair unknowingly. It's time to give it some love back. Just slather this on your hair and wash out after 10 minutes to give your locks the intense moisture that it deserves.
- John Freida Frizz Ease Original Hair Serum $9.99: For many of us with frizzy hair, Frizz Ease was our first frizz-fighting product. For just $10, this tiny bottle adds shine, fights frizz and even helps mend split-ends.
- L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes $7.99: How awesome is it when people think you're wearing false lashes, when you're really just wearing an amazing mascara? This is exactly the reaction you'll get when you swipe this on your lashes. You'll save money on false lashes as well as an expensive mascara with this product.
With these 12 products, here's to looking great while making your balance in the bank look greater!