Father's Day is swiftly approaching, thinking of cute and heart warming gift ideas for your little ones to gift the fathers in their lives can be harrowing. Not wanting to give dad the same present every year, a fun and creative gift idea is a key chain lovingly made by a child to the special fathers in their lives. This gift idea is ideal for the classroom too. Using only a few materials this handmade gift will be a memento that the father's in your lives will treasure for years.
What You Need:
- alphabet beads
- 4 football beads or whatever sport or activity is the father's favorite
- hemp or jewelry cord, about 12 inches
- round keychain
What You Do:
- Begin by tying a double or triple knot at one end of the jewelry cord to keep beads from falling off.
- Alphabet letters often come with additional beads with hearts. Begin stringing on the beads starting with a heart, then a football, then the word "EVER" starting with the "R" first. Next string on another football, then the word "DAD", another football, next the word "BEST", and lastly the fourth football.
- Tie a knot after the last football, as close to the football as you can to keep the beads close together. Double the knot.
- Next, tie the long end (closest to the word "BEST") of the jewelry cord to the keychain. Knot this several times to ensure security, then trim off the excess cord.