Perusing the city to find Charlotte’s Best clothing boutiques was not an easy feat. Why, you ask? Well, because there are so many great stores that have popped up in the area. They all have their own unique spin on current and vintage trends, as well as classic looks. These ten boutiques are the cream of Charlotte's fashion crop.
- Lotus, 1111 Metropolitan Ave, Suite 140, Charlotte NC 28204, 704-335-8884 – A splendid boutique in the Metropolitan center in Midtown, with a well-known presence in the city. Lotus is not only known for awe-inspiring looks, but also for creating extraordinary fashion shows and other popular store events.
- Sloan, 1419 East Blvd, Suite G, Charlotte NC 28203, 704-338-1400 – A high-end shop in Dilworth’s Shops at Twin Oaks, that carries stylish designer and ready-to-wear clothing from Diane Von Furstenberg, Dolce Vita, House of Harlow and Trina Turk.
- Coplon’s, 6800 Phillips Place Ct, Suite F, Charlotte NC 28210, 704-643-1113 – A luxurious shop located in the South Park area, where you can find looks fresh from fashion's hottest runways: Lanvin, Lela Rose, Oscar de la Renta, Jason Wu and Jimmy Choo.
- Lipp Boutique, 1111 Metropolitan Ave, Suite 160, Charlotte NC 28204, 704-370-2440 – One of the newest on the list, also located in Midtown’s Metropolitan. Here you will see great finds from Ella Moss, Groceries, BB Dakota, French Connection and Ark & Co.
- Ivy & Leo, 6401 Morrison Blvd, Suite 13-A, Charlotte NC 28211, 704-365-3222 – The two Charlotte locations are at the Specialty Shops on the Park (across from South Park mall) and also Uptown, in the Bank of America Corporate Center – Founders Hall. They carry trendy frocks including cocktail and maxi dresses, colorful tops and rompers.
- Luna, 6809-B Phillips Place Ct, Charlotte NC 28210, 704-554-6000 – A contemporary boutique in the Phillips Place shopping center. Luna offers a variety of denim selections from DL1961, Hudson, Joe’s, Paige and Seven for all Mankind. Luna also carries designs from Free People, MM Couture, Velvet and Michael Stars.
- Boris & Natasha, 1214 Thomas Ave, Charlotte NC 28205, 704-375-0079 – A lively and entertaining shop located in the Plaza-Midwood neighborhood where you can find unusual, but fashionable pieces to spice up any look. Boris & Natasha were also awarded “Best Clothing Store” by Charlotte's Creative Loafing in 2011.
- Hong Kong Vintage, 1514 Central Ave, Charlotte NC 28205, 704-334-0538 – The ultimate one-stop-shop for all fab things vintage. At HKV, you can see vintage Levi’s, Calvin Klein and Sergio Valente jeans and also some stone washed varieties. There are racks of casual tops and skirts, along with numerous evening dresses that can easily translate into a modern look.
- Vivian B., 3100 N. Davidson St, Charlotte NC 28205, 980-939-1612 – A charming boutique in NoDa that carries eye-catching apparel from Nanette Lepore, Ali Ro, Dolce Vita and Custo Barcelona.
- Buffalo Exchange, 1521 Central Ave, Charlotte NC 28205, 704-372-2300 – A modern-day consignment shop, also located in Plaza-Midwood. Buffalo Exchange keeps the youthful customer in mind because of the “buy, sell, trade” premise. You will see countless racks of well-organized clothing from brands we all know and love: GAP, Betsey Johnson, True Religion, Limited, BCBG, among many others.
View the slideshow of all the featured boutiques store fronts