Considering becoming a caveman (or caveman) when it comes to your diet? The popular Paleo diet plan can be tricky when you're just beginning. Fortunately, a flock of experts have penned books designed to guide you through what to eat (and what to skip), as well as delicious recipes that adhere to the Paleo diet principles. We've read through many of them and recommend these for beginners:
- Although it's targeted at women, the Paeloista book offers help for anyone starting out who wants to embrace the lifestyle while enhancing health. You'll learn about the theory behind the plan and how to put it into action with "Paleoista: Gain Energy, Get Lean, and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat" (click to order).
- If you're concerned about losing weight and have chosen the Paleo diet for that purpose, then consider "The Paleo Primer: A Jump-Start Guide to Losing Body Fat and Living Primally" (click to order). In addition to the principles of this approach, you'll get easy-to-follow recipes that add variety and zest to your meals.
- One of the biggest challenges in following a new food plan: Coping with cravings. To the rescue: "Primal Cravings: Your favorite foods made Paleo" (click to order). If you're stressed about feeling deprived, this book will show you how to eat Paleo with joy.
- Worried about going gluten-free and dairy-free as part of the Paleo plan? You'll discover how to do it with gusto with "Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great" (click to order).
- One of the leaders in the Paleo movement, Mark Sisson has written what amounts to an encyclopedia's worth of information. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the "why" of the Paleo diet: "The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy" (click to order).