January 21, 2014
An episode of The View featuring dermatologist Dr. Doris Day revealed the best beauty breakthroughs to target crow’s feet, rosacea, acne, and cellulite. Among those mentioned were:
- BOTOX®: once indicated only for forehead creases, the go-to wrinkle relaxer is now FDA-approved for crow's feet. The smoothing effects of BOTOX take about two weeks to fully develop but can last three to four months, Day noted.
- MIRVASO®: MIRVASO is a new FDA-approved drug used to treat rosacea (those blotchy areas of redness on the skin). The fast-acting product was said to reduce redness and improve skin tone in just 30 minutes.
- M22™ laser by Lumenis®: Dr. Day recommended this gentle yet effective laser for more permanent relief from rosacea and brown spots. Treatments are “painless,” Dr. Day said, and one treatment typically costs between $300 – $500.
- SkinPen: SkinPen is a small, abrasive tool dermatologists use to treat acne scars. The SkinPen tip is designed with small needles that puncture the skin to stimulate healing and promote collagen growth. Although effective, this treatment should only be performed by a trained dermatologist.
- Thermage®: this well-known skin tightening procedure offers an advanced cellulite attachment piece that dramatically improves the look of skin dimpling. Dr. Day claims that just one or two treatments with regular maintenance sessions can make a big difference. However, Thermage isn't for the faint of heart. Dr. Day candidly admits, "It hurts."