Hollywood flocked to the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles for the 66th Annual Emmy Awards. There were alot of hits on the red carpet and several jaw dropping misses. We have to give an overview of the actresses who must thank their stylists for choosing the right outfits and those starlets who left us speechless for all the wrong reasons.
The Best Dressed
- Sophia Vergara knows how to flaunt her hourglass figure. The Modern Family star was our favorite look of the night in a white Roberto Cavalli gown. It was simple and breathtakingly beautiful.
- Kerry Washington showed off her post baby bod in this orange Prada dress. We like that Kerry showed the confidence to pull off this unconventional look with a high slit and embellishments.
- Halle Berry was stunning in a rose Elie Saab gown.
- Heidi Klum in a custom Zac Posen gown designed by her Project Runway co-star.
- Camila Alves McConaughey was a vision in Zuhair Murad.
- Julianna Margulies won an Emmy for her performance in the Good Wife and donned a beaded Narciso Rodriguez gown.
- Lizzy Caplan stood out in a black and white Donna Karan Atelier gown. The actress made her Emmy red carpet debut for her nomination while starring on Masters of Sex.
- Michelle Dockery took a fashion risk in a Rosie Assoulin halter dress.
- Taylor Schilling looked lovely in an ivory Zuhair Murad dress.
- Veep star Julia Louis-Dreyfus wore custom Carolina Herrera.
- January Jones in Prabal Gurung.
- Allison Williams in Giambattista Valli Couture.
- Julie Bowen in Peter Som.
- Zooey Deschanel in Oscar De La Renta.
- Carrie Brownstein in Halson Heritage.
The Worst Dressed
- Lena Dunham was the worst dressed celebrity we have seen all year on a red carpet. The Girls creator told People that her dress looked like "cake" and felt like "sweatpants". We agree that the writer/director was uncomfortable in her ill fitting Giambattista Valli dress. It didn't help that her platinum blonde page boy hair cut, wrinkled blouse and slouchy posture made her look like a clown at an elegant event. This was a definite fashion fail.
- Julia Roberts decided to show off her legs in an Elie Saab mini dress but it missed the mark. We would have loved to have seen the Pretty Woman in a jewel colored gown. The texture of the dress also failed to compliment Julia's skin tone.
- We weren't fans of Claire Danes in this busy Givenchy gown.
- Sarah Paulson was buried in too much tulle with this Armani Prive gown.
- We didn't like how Laura Prepon looked while wearing her lopsided Gustavo Cadile dress.
- Kaley Cuoco missed the mark in Monique Lhuillier.
- We wanted to love Kate Mara in her J Mendel dress with cut outs but we were a bit underwhelmed.
- The good news is that Melissa McCarthy was able to get a designer gown for the Emmys. The bad news is that the custom Marchesa gown didn't compliment her plus sized figure.
- Kelly Osbourne was a fashion faux pas with her purple mohawk and an Honor gown.
- We know that Katherine Heigl is trying to make a comeback but this awful beige gown is not going to help.
- Gwen Stefani tried to convince us that this Versace dress is fashion forward but we're not buying it.
- Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey looked drab in Rubin Singer.
- Christina Hendricks couldn't pull off her red gown.
- Mayim Bialik didn't make the cut in her Oliver Tolentino gown.
The list of winners at the Emmy awards were pretty much the same as they have been in the past. Breaking Bad and Modern Family won the most awards of the night in the Dramatic and Comedic categories.
Here is a recap of the big winners of the evening which was hosted by Seth Meyers.
Outstanding Drama Series “Breaking Bad” *WINNER
Outstanding Comedy Series “Modern Family” *WINNER
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston, “Breaking Bad” *WINNER
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series - Julianna Margulies, “The Good Wife” *WINNER
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - Anna Gunn, “Breaking Bad” *WINNER
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Aaron Paul, “Breaking Bad” *WINNER
Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series - Moira Walley-Beckett, “Breaking Bad” – “Ozymandias” *WINNER
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series - Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “Veep” *WINNER
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series Jim Parsons, “The Big Bang Theory” *WINNER
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - Allison Janney, “Mom” *WINNER
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Ty Burrell, “Modern Family” *WINNER
Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series- Louis C.K., “Louie” – “So Did the Fat Lady” *WINNER
Outstanding Direction in a Drama Series - Cary Joji Fukunaga,”True Detective” – “Who Goes There” *WINNER
Outstanding Television Movie - The Normal Heart” *WINNER
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie - Benedict Cumberbatch, “Sherlock: His Last Vow” *WINNER