Classic cars and Route 66 go hand in hand. This Saturday, September 6, you can experience both at the 24th Annual Berwyn Route 66 Car Show. Ogden Avenue shuts down to traffic between Oak Park and Ridgeland Avenues the first Saturday in September every year for the car show that’s considered the area’s biggest and best, attracting more than 30,000 visitors annually.
Stroll through over 500 vintage and custom cars, trucks and motorcycles that made up the Historic Route 66 culture. To add to the nostalgia, legendary WLS disk jockey and Radio Hall of Famer, Dick Biodi, will be on hand to sign autographs and award trophies, and popular Chicago area Elvis impersonator, Rick “Elvis” Saucedo, will perform an Elvis musical at Ogden Top & Trim.
Here is a schedule of the day’s events:
- 7 a.m. Vehicles begin the procession to their parking spots
- 10 a.m. Official opening of the event
- 11:30 a.m. Demonstration of Automobile Flamethrowing by the Roamin’ Chariots
- 12 noon – 2 p.m. Rick “Elvis” Saucedo performs at Ogden Top & Trim
- 12 noon – 4 p.m. Dick Biondi signs autographs and awards trophies
- 12:30 p.m. Demonstration of Automobile Flamethrowing by the Roamin’ Chariots
- 1:30 p.m. Demonstration of Automobile Flamethrowing by the Roamin’ Chariots
- Wireless Soul, a top Chicagoland youth rock band performs throughout the event
Parking is available on side streets and at the Berwyn Municipal Parking Garage at 3300 S Grove Street, a three block walk from the show site. The Berwyn Metra train station, a short 15 minute ride from Chicago’s Union Station on the BNSF line, is also just three blocks from the show site.
For further details on the Berwyn Route 66 Car Show, check the web site or call (708) 788-8100.