Last night's Discovery Channel episode of “Bering Sea Gold” brought new faces and dredges to fans of this adventure series with some new dredges, some new faces and some new surprises. The featured dredges are:
- Christine Rose is back with Steve and Shawn Pomrenke, who will probably have at least two or three disagreements this season (maybe each episode.) Right now, they are deep in the hole, as Shawn’s winter dredging operation did not pan out to cover the repairs and only put them deeper in debt.
- Eroica (means hero in Italian) was formerly The Edge now renamed and captained by Emily Reidel. She knows that her success depends on nobody but herself. After seasons with Zeke and her father, she will test herself to the limit and have nobody to blame if it does not work out. She hired veteran Eric McLarty to get the dredge seaworthy.
- Minnow is captained by Steve Reidel, and his crew consists of Brad Kelly and his two sons, Kris and Andy, who do not always agree with Steve’s crazy ways. Brad does not care if Steve is an idiot and a moron, because he is cool.
- Au Grabber (Au is the chemical symbol for gold), another excavator-powered rig, new to the show and ready to give the Christine Rose a run for its money. It is captained by Hank Schimschat with notorious crew member Scott Meisterheim, no longer a captain, now just Hank’s bitch. Hank knows that if Scott could overcome his bad habits, he could be a nice person. Good luck with that, Hank.
- Wild Ranger returns with Vern Adkison, who has no crew, due to personality conflict. Better take a good look in the mirror, Vern! Now Vern is looking for all new crew members.
If you liked what you read, please Subscribe, and you will never miss another post from this Television Examiner. Thanks!