Seattle has long been a favorite destination for holiday festivities, but there's plenty going on east of the Emerald City, too. The 17th Annual Bellevue Magic Season, which runs through January 12, has a myriad of activities and fun things for the whole family. Here are the highlights:
- Chaplin's Bellevue Subaru Ice Arena - Located at Bellevue Downtown Park, it's the region's largest open-air ice skating park. Cost is $12 with skate rental, $9 if you bring your own ($8 for ages 6 and under). Stroller skating on Thursdays: Dec 19, 2-3PM; Dec 26 and Jan 2, 10-11AM; Jan 9, 2-3PM. Concession stand with snacks/beverages (cash only) and free parking for up to three hours across the street at Bellevue Square. Open through January 12.
- Snowflake Lane - Nightly at 7PM through December 24 at The Bellevue Collection (on the sidewalks between Bellevue Square/Lincoln Square/Bellevue Place). Live toy soldier drummers, animated snow characters, twinkling lights and snow falling every evening along Bellevue Way.
- Celebration Lane - Nightly at 7 PM, December 26-31, at The Bellevue Collection. Light displays, live music, and bubbles falling from the sky.
- Garden d'Lights - Thousands of colorful lights transform the Bellevue Botanical Garden into a blossoming winter wonderland. Open every evening from 5-10 PM through January 4. Admission $5, children 10 and under are free.
- Theatre at Meydenbauer Center - International Ballet Theatre presents The Nutcracker, December 19-23 and Magical Strings: A Celtic Yuletide is Monday, December 16.
The Hyatt Regency Bellevue* ("On Seattle's Eastside") is hosting its annual 12 Days of Holiday Cheer promotion through December 23, 2013. Guests are invited to select a candy cane at check-in, which reveal such prizes as 25% off breakfast at Eques; a day of free valet parking; complimentary in-room movies and more. The hotel is also offering a Holiday Shop & Stay package, with rates starting at $164 and booking available through January 26, 2014. The package includes:
- Overnight accommodations in a standard guest room, double occupancy
- $50 Bellevue Collection gift certificate per night
- Complimentary self-parking for one vehicle per room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Late checkout at 2 PM
*Click on to see a slideshow of the hotel