According to an Oct. 21 post from FCFighter.com, Bellator MMA brings a stacked card to Atlantic City next month, as middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko takes on Doug Marshall in the main event of Bellator 107.
“I’m super excited about this fight,” Marshall said. “I was bummed when I had to watch Brett Cooper take my spot because of my injury, but after watching the fight I was able to see that there is no way Shlemenko can beat me. The only thing Shlemenko has is that he is tough. There is no doubt in my mind that I am the most powerful middleweight in the division. As soon as Shlemenko feels my fist on the side of his face he will be sleeping on the mat. Winning this fight is a no brainer for me.”
The event takes place at Atlantic City’s Revel on Friday, Nov. 15, live on Spike TV.
“We were witness to an incredible night of fights during our first visit to Revel and I expect nothing but the same on November 15,” Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said. “Atlantic City has become a second home for Bellator and Revel is in store for another huge night of fights.”
The event will broadcast live starting at 8 p.m. on Spike TV.
The preliminary card will be streamed exclusively live and free on Spike.com starting at 6:00 p.m. Tickets for the event can be purchased at Ticketmaster or by visiting Bellator.com with tickets starting at just $35.
Also on the Bellator 107 card, New Jersey favorite Tom DeBlass will return to the Bellator cage in a bout against MMA veteran Jason Lambert.
After finishing Carlos Brooks in his Bellator debut at Revel last April, DeBlass is anxious to get back under the bright lights and improve his 8-2 professional record. The preliminary card will feature a full card of local talent, including four New Jersey natives.
Bellator 107 main card:
- Bellator Middleweight World Title Fight: Alexander Shlemenko (48-7) vs. Doug “The Rhino” Marshall (18-6)
- Bellator Featherweight Tournament Final: Patricio Pitbull (20-2) vs. Justin Wilcox (13-5)
- Bantamweight Feature Fight: Marcos Galvao (14-6-1) vs. Tom McKenna (7-3)
- Welterweight Feature Fight: Nah’Shon Burrell (9-3) vs. Dante Rivera (15-7)
Bellator 107 preliminary card:
- Welterweight Feature Fight: Chip Moraza-Pollard (7-4) vs. Sam Oropeza (8-2)
- Light Heavyweight Feature Fight: Jason Lambert (26-12) vs. Tom DeBlass (8-2)
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Kevin Roddy (13-14-1) vs. Will Martinez (6-2-1)
- Light Heavyweight Feature Fight: Najim Wali (3-2) vs. Liam McGeary (6-0)
- Lightweight Feature Fight: Anthony Morrison (17-10) vs. Kenny Foster (10-7)
- Featherweight Feature Fight: Dan Matala (debut) vs. Ryan Cafaro (debut)
- Bantamweight Feature Fight: Sergio da Silva (1-4) vs. Rob Sullivan (2-1)