In the first fight of the night at Bellator 113, Bobby Cooper earned a unanimous decision victory over Marcio Navarro.
For Cooper, it was his Bellator MMA debut and the ninth victory of his MMA career.
The second fight pitted Fredrick Brown against Daniel Gallemore. Brown was a late replacement for Gallemore's original opponent.
Gallemore opened with some knees during a clinch against the fence, but he lost his footing and ended up on the bottom.
Early in the opening frame, Brown came close to finishing Gallemore with a rear-naked choke.
Gallemore earned a knockout victory midway through the opening frame, in a stoppage that got color commentator Jimmy Smith fired up for being so late.
Later on the Bellator 113 card, David Rickels fights Patricky Pitbull and Marcin Held takes on Rodrigo Cavalheiro. The Bellator 113 main event pits Attila Vegh against Emanuel Newton, in a bout for the Bellator light heavyweight title.
Newton vs Vegh is a rematch from 2012.
"I was a different fighter then, night and day. I was at a different camp, I was training a different way, I didn't evolve my style yet, and I still beat Attila," Newton said. "I think he still has the same camp, I think he's still doing the same stuff. I'm sure he's grown, too, but I don't think he's grown half as much as I have."
Here's a look at the Bellator 113 results:
- Attila Vegh vs. Emanuel Newton
- David Rickels vs. Patricky Pitbull
- Marcin Held vs. Rodrigo Cavalheiro
- Tim Welch vs. Derek Campos
- Brandon Girtz vs. Derek Anderson
- Bobby Cooper def. Marcio Navarro via unanimous decision
- Donnie Bell vs. Eric Wisely
- Tory Bogguess vs. L.C. Davis
- Israel Giron vs. Cody Carrillo
- Daniel Gallemore def. Fredrick Brown via first-round KO