Beautiful bejeweled Easter eggs are all the rage this year in Spokane. They are gorgeous, easy to make, easy to find and easy on the pocket book.
The items you will need to make these treasures are boiled eggs (or plastic ones if you want to use them year after year,) glitter paint in a tipped bottle, flat sided jewels and cat stickers in the colors of your choice, empty egg cartons, tweezers and an ice pick.
1. Only decorate one side of the egg at a time and then let it dry either on the egg cartons turned upside down. When it is completely dry, decorate the other side.
2. At the crown of the egg, create a scalloped spherical design with the glitter paint, if you so choose. Make certain there is a tiny pool of paint on the top. Place a glittery cat sticker on the top of the egg in the pool of paint.
3. Fashion a pool of paint on the side of the egg. Place a jewel in the pool. You can make the little
4. Continue doing so as many times as you like all around the egg.
It is a good idea to put it on a thin, sturdy craft stick so as to not smear your work.
5. Situate the beautiful eggs on a festive plate, put in an Easter basket, hide in the grass on Easter morning, or make a centerpiece for your table.
6. You can also dye the boiled egg shells before starting this project. There are special craft glues that adhere to plastic. You can get all the glitter glue, jewels and stickers at a craft store or in the craft department of the Wal-Mart.