Prince Harry’s “I have killed” and other undiplomatic statements after his return from Afghanistan gave the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office second thoughts about allowing Prince Harry to visit China. The Prince of Wales' official visit to China has been canceled, reported the German Bild newspaper on Feb. 3, 2013.
“The Foreign Office has canceled Prince Harry's official visit to China - he apparently lacks the required sensitivity.”
As third in line to the British throne, Prince Harry, or Prince of Wales, does not only attend various important royal occasions throughout the year and appears at official engagements as part of his charitable activities, but also travels overseas as part of his duty representing the Royal family.
After Prince Harry’s successful tour to the Caribbean and South America last year, the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office was hoping to send Prince Harry to China this year.
Sending 28-year-old Prince Harry, the Prince of Wales, to China would have been an excellent way to improve Britain’s relations with the People’s Republic.
Unfortunately, Prince Harry’s widely publicized undiplomatic comments about having killed Afghans after his four-month deployment to Afghanistan gave Prince Harry’s advisors doubts about Prince Harry’s ability to handle visiting a country that requires a lot more diplomatic sensitivity.
“A St James’s Palace spokesman confirms that Prince Harry will not travel to the Communist dictatorship, where diplomacy is sensitive at the best of times.”
Prince Harry’s lack of diplomacy and “au naturale” escapades, however, are all relative; -- as Prince Harry’s relatives and ancestors can testify.
In a Jan. 2, 2013, review of BBC Two’s documentary series “Queen Victoria’s Children,” The Telegraph wrote that,
“So, Queen Victoria, that glum, ultra-moral, model matriarch of empire, was really a self-obsessed, sex-mad harpy who couldn’t wait to bustle her own 'repulsive' children out of the royal presence so she could hurry back between the sheets for another round of rampant ‘how’s-yer-majesty’ with her beloved Prince Albert.”
More articles by this author ...
- Whitney Houston and Randy Travis: Alcohol and the lost ‘Sparkle’ of childhood (Video)
- Jay Leno takes a salary reduction - shows the world a positive side of dyslexia
- Rosie O’Donnell and her childhood: ‘i am lucky to be here’ (Video)
- Lady Gaga, Kirstie Alley and a message to girls: ‘There's an insanity here’
- Katie Couric’s bulimia: ‘I wasn’t good enough or attractive enough'
- Lady Gaga’s bulimia: ‘I didn’t fit in, and I felt like a freak.’
- Lady Gaga’s Twitter post: Fighting fiction with facts, ‘vernacular’ or ‘slut’?
- Lady Gaga: Eating disorder, bulimia, anorexia, which one is it?
- Lindsay Lohan crosses the continent: From New York to Los Angeles
- Maybe this time: Lindsay Lohan to spend 245 days in jail
- Singer Jenni Rivera missing plane found, no survivors
- How a player became a pawn: Kim Kardashian’s TV reality in Bahrain’s reality
- Larry Hagman’s death: Co-star at his death bed, ‘You die the way you live’
- The power, legacy of Steven Spielberg’s dyslexia in 60 Minutes: ‘I own my fear'
- George Lucas' near-death experience: One moment in heaven, a lifetime on earth
- George Lucas’ near-death experience: George Lucas’ and Disney’s win-win deal
- The nature of dyslexia: Tom Cruise, Anthony Hopkins, Keira Knightley, Joe Wright
- Anna Karenina, Keira Knightley’s dyslexia: How Keira’s parents got her to read
- Dyslexia comes to life in ‘Anna Karenina’: Keira Knightley, Joe Wright
- Behind-the-scenes Tom Cruise: Did Suri Cruise inherit Tom Cruise’s dyslexia?
- Behind-the-scenes: 4 things Carrie Underwood shares with Maria, ‘Sound of Music’
- Behind-the-scenes Michael Phelps: Why Michael Phelps dumped Megan Rossee
- Justin Bieber sends ‘thoughts and prayers’ and Interstate 405 is a death trap
- Manti Te’o hoax, Lance Armstrong: 'I didn't feel, I didn't think, I didn't feel’
- Family plans to jump off bridge, goes to 2013 Oscars instead
- Peter Robbins: Charlie Brown voice actor arrested at Mexican border
- The 10 most-viewed ‘celebrity homes’ in 2012 (Photos)
- Kate Middleton’s hospitalization continues and taken seriously
- Kate Middleton pregnancy update: Prince William smiling
- James Middleton, Kate’s brother, owns his dyslexia: ‘I wouldn’t change a thing’
- Princess Diana: Her childhood, legacy, love for Prince Harry, William, the world
- Prince Harry’s classy mother: 'My God, what’s happened?'
- Prince Harry: ‘Some lunatic trying to take revenge on him’ (Video)