For a little something different, try making a taco salad with beef strips rather than ground beef. It is a small difference with big impact. Be sure to cut the strips skinny and long enough to eat easily. This recipe makes a large salad
1 package taco shells
2 or 3 large tomatoes, diced
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
3 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 to 1 1/2 pound beef strips
- Cook the meat on medium heat until done.
- Break up the taco shells and place them in the bottom, and up the sides some, of a large serving bowl.
- Rinse the vegetables.
- Shred the lettuce to make it easier to eat, and add it to the bowl.
- Dice each tomato and sprinkle the pieces over the lettuce.
- Add the cheeses and the meat, and toss it all together.
- Add chopped onion and green pepper.
- Try adding shredded zucchini for something different.
- This is quite the meal in and of itself, be could also be served with chili and sliders during the super bowl - or at another celebration.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at email@example.com, or by leaving a comment here.