Recent food recalls include beef products a Fort Worth, Texas company, PHP Enterprises, says could be contaminated with with E. coli O103, E. coli O111, E. coli O121, E. coli O145, E. coli O26 and E. coli O45.
The following items are part of the PHP Enterprises beef recall according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service report:
· 10.5-lb. boxes of Beef Outside Skirt Steak, with a pack date of “12/13/13”
· 20-lb. boxes of Studio Movie Grill Beef Tenderloin Sliced, with a pack date of “12/05/13”
· 15-lb. boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajita, with a use by date of “1/13/14”
· 40-lb. boxes of Southwest Style Beef Skirts, with a pack date of “12/5/13”
· 20-lb. boxes of Patterson Food Processors Beef Skirt Seasoned, with a pack date of “12/9/13”
· 10-lb. boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajitas, with a pack date of “12/9/2013”
· 40-lb. boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajitas w/Binder, with a pack date of “12/9/2013”
· 12-lb. boxes of Seasoned Beef for Fajitas, containing 6 2-lb. packs, with a use by date of “1/15/14”
· 12-lb. boxes of Mexican Style Beef for Fajita, containing 6 2-lb. packs, with a use by date of “1/11/14”
The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “Est. 34715” inside the USDA Mark of Inspection. The products were produced on Dec. 5, 2013, and distributed to retail stores and restaurants in Arizona, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico and Texas.
All products that are part of the recall will have the establishment number as EST. 34715. This will be located inside of the USDA Mark of Inspection. The recalled beef products were distributed to retail stores as well as restaurants in Arizona, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico and Texas.
Beef recalls and other food and pet recalls happen frequently and consumers have a right to be alert to this fact. Any beef product that is not a part of this recall is considered safe for human and pet consumption.
If you would like to receive notices by email when articles are written by this writer about healthy living, use this link: Healthy Living.
To subscribe to notices by email when articles are produced about pets, use this link: Pets
Nutrition articles by this writer can be received by email using this link: Nutrition.
If you have an idea for an article or want your group or business promoted here, feel free to send details or suggestions through Facebook.