Beef gravy is a quick, easy recipe. A topper for other foods, this gravy will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. If there are leftovers that will not be eaten within a few days, it is okay to freeze them for later use.
2 (12 ounce) jars beef gravy
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the ground beef into the skillet, breaking it into small chunks. Cook until the meat is browned, continuing to break it up.
- Drain off the access oil and pour the crumbles back into the skillet. Add the two jars of gravy and cook over medium heat until the gravy is warmed through.
- Feel free to use cans of gravy instead.
- However, the jars can be washed and reused for a number of things: To store fat/lard, for leftovers, or even to pack cut up vegetables to bring to work.
- Store brand gravies work just fine for this recipe.
- Serve over a plate of rice, with broccoli and cauliflower on the side.
- Enjoy over a baked potaot, sweet potato, or even squash, with a side salad of greens, shredded carrot, and cucumber.
- Pour over toasted bread, and serve with a mixed vegetable side.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at email@example.com, or by leaving a comment here. Get her eCookBooks Very Frugal Vegetables and Fabulously Frugal Fruits for recipes and tips.