There is still time to be a judge at this year's State Fair of Texas Big Tex Choice Awards. All you have to do is submit a video. If you love the State Fair of Texas and the fried foods then apply to be a judge and try them before everyone else does.
This is your chance to be a judge at the Big Tex Choice Awards. In honor of the 10-year anniversary of the contest, the State Fair is holding one judging spot for a State Fair of Texas super fan.
In less than 60 seconds via video let the State Fair of Texas know why you would be a great judge for the Big Tex Choice Awards. The State Fair of Texas team will choose the 20 most creative and persuasive submissions as finalists. State Fair fans will then have the opportunity to cast votes on their favorite video and decide who will be representing fairgoers on the judging panel this year.
You now have until 5 PM CDT on August 14, 2014 to submit your video at BigTex.com. Voting for the finalists will begin at 9 AM CDT on August 15 and end 5 PM CDT on August 18, 2014. \
A few things to know before submitting a video:
- You must be over 21 years of age to be eligible.
- You must be available on the day of the contest (Monday, September 1, 2014 from 8 AM to 1 PM. Please note; this is Labor Day.)
- You will be responsible for your own travel to the contest on September 1, 2014.
- You must love all things fried, and taste every submission.
The State Fair’s biggest fans also have the opportunity to attend the 10th annual Big Tex Choice Awards, and be one of the first to taste the finalists in this year’s Big Tex Choice Awards food competition.
For the first time in the 10-year history of the Big Tex Choice Awards, a limited number of tickets are available to State Fair of Texas fans. Buy your ticket now at BigTex.com, before they are gone!
Attendees will receive:
- Admission to the Big Tex Choice Awards – Monday, September 1, 10 a.m.
- Sampling of each 2014 Big Tex Choice Awards food finalist
- Limited edition Big Tex Choice Awards T-shirt
- One single day admission ticket to the 2014 State Fair of Texas
All proceeds from the Big Tex Choice Awards ceremony will be donated to the State Fair of Texas Youth Scholarship Fund. Eligible scholarship recipients include graduating Texas high school seniors who have participated in specific Youth Livestock competitive events held at the State Fair of Texas, and graduating seniors from five Fair Park area schools – James Madison, Lincoln, North Dallas, and Woodrow Wilson High Schools, as well as the Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School. A portion of each ticket sale is tax-deductible.
Join the State Fair team as we celebrate 10 years of the Big Tex Choice Awards. Purchase your tickets today.