Remember when a desktop computer was standard, and a laptop computer was a luxury? Now the rules of the wireless game have flipped, and laptops are de rigueur. However, if you travel frequently or find yourself sitting in places like doctors' offices tapping your toes and wishing you had something to do, it's time to meet the hottest wireless accessory: iPads
What we love: These lightweight winners can be slipped into your purse or briefcase for work, travel or those delightful doctors' appointments. Download videos, books, magazines and more at home, then view wherever you go.
But that Apple iPad needs its own accessories. Here's what I recommend:
- How do you use it? Get the most out of your iPad with "iPad: The Missing Manual," a guide to how to use your new device. The author clearly explains everything from how to use those buttons on the side to downloading and deleting Apps to reading magazines: Click here for details on the guide.
- Did you get a mini iPad? Go for iPad mini For Dummies - click for details.
- And if you're older and would like to be wiser when it comes to your wireless iPad, try "My iPad for Seniors (covers iOS 7 on iPad Air, iPad 3rd and 4th generation, iPad2, and iPad mini)" - click for more information.
- Get a case to protect your iPad. Be careful to choose one that fits the size that you own. For example, if you have an iPad mini, try the Khomo Case (click for details).
- Prefer a flip-top cover? Try the iPad Mini Case or iPad Mini Retina Case, ESR Yippee Color Series Trifold Case Smart Cover.
"Pretty is as pretty does," said our grandmother. And when we asked what the heck that meant, we were informed that good manners could overcome a chubby body and hand-me-down clothes. As a result, we focused on getting great grades and pretended that rude comments about our appearance didn't really hurt. But it's never too late to learn how to rock your wardrobe, and now Lawrence Zarian is revealing how you can look and feel fabulous, regardless of your budget, in his new book "Lawrence Zarian's Ten Commandments for a Perfect Wardrobe" (click for details).
In an exclusive interview, Lawrence told us that he wrote the book to help everyone "not only like what they see better in the mirror, but love themselves just a little more." Lawrence is known as a celebrity fashion and lifestyle expert and TV personality for shows ranging from "Live with Kelly and Michael" to "The Doctors." The reason: He understands that looking fabulous and feeling fabulous are linked, including life on a budget.
And in his view, inexpensive choices such as "K-Mart, Target, JC Penney, and Sears" deserve to be on your "love it" list. "Over the years I've been a spokesperson for each brand and can honestly say that each one of these stores not only carries a wide assortment of "must haves" for everyone, they also have some wonderful "on trend" items designed by some of the biggest names in fashion and Hollywood and with crazy affordable prices," he declares.
So what's the key to getting into your style groove and becoming a fabulous fashionista? "In regards to looking more stylish and feeling attractive, that comes from knowing your body shape and dressing for the right size," he explains.
Eating right counts too. Lawrence recommends learning to take care of yourself. "Each day is an opportunity to do something different that will eventually make (you) feel better." Get all of Lawrence's tips by clicking here for "Lawrence Zarian's Ten Commandments for a Perfect Wardrobe."