The demand has been growing stronger. The need has been becoming more obvious. The time has finally come. Balboa Park is proud to introduce an annual pass that grants entry to 17 Balboa Park institutions for one year.
In a beautiful park filled with gardens, activities and multiple museums, it can become hard to decide what to see. This can be especially difficult for those on a budget. San Diego and Balboa Park have joined forces to make these decisions a bit easier for visitors of this favorite outdoor location - the Balboa Park Explorer. This annual pass is sold at three different levels, at very reasonable prices:
- Adults - $129
- Senior/Student - $99
- Family - $199
The annual pass grants general admission to the majority of museums and institution in Balboa Park. Additional discounts may vary per museum, and may be explained on the websites of the specific institutions. In addition, this annual pass can be purchased for a gift to give to others.
The institutions included on the Balboa Park Explorer are:
- Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Air and Space Museum
- San Diego Art Institute-Museum of the Living Artist
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Hall of Champions Sports Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- the NAT (San Diego Natural History Museum)
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Timken Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum and Memorial Center
- World Beat Center
Individual memberships are still available at each institution, as well as multiple day passes and single day use passes. For more information on the Balboa Park Explorer as well as other discounts for Balboa Park, please visit the Balboa Park website.
Balboa Park invites guest to come explore!